Administrative Assistant (The Shepherd’s Inn)
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
As the Administrative Assistant you will serve within our ministry by assisting with day to day administrative support. You will also perform the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets and provides quality services to guests, donors, volunteers, and employees upon arrival
- Provides oversight of all assigned guests and ensures appropriate guests supervision and participation in program activities
- Checks guests in and enters client information in Salesforce database, assists with screening clients for admissions
- Ensures guests needs are met by providing services to include, but not limited to passing out hygiene packs, towels, etc, Performs housekeeping duties including daily laundry for client towels
- Schedules life skills classes and creates monthly class and recreational calendar
- Leads bi-weekly devotions for clients
- Utilizes appropriate conflict resolution techniques when relating to employees, partners, visitors and guests
- Ensures the safety of guests and employees by monitoring visitors and/or guests entrance into the building
- Provides administrative support to several leaders and works with employees at all levels to complete projects of a complex and confidential nature
- Receives and responds to routine correspondence following established procedures not requiring management review
- Coordinates activities between departments and outside parties
- Performs a variety of clerical duties, including, but not limited to typing, filing, taking messages, recording and transcribing meeting minutes, sorting and distributing mail, desktop publishing, correspondence, copying, scheduling appointments, etc
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.