Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
The schedule for this position is 6:30 a.m – 12:30 p.m. Monday – Friday (with some flexibility)
As an Admissions Ambassador, you will serve as the first point of contact for clients by acclimating them while showing the love of Christ through building relationships and guiding them to choose the help that will end their homelessness.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcomes guests to Atlanta Mission and works to develop relationships
- Assists with guests check in and performs initial screenings for admissions
- Assigns beds to guests in client management database
- Performs new guest orientation and explains types of services offered by Atlanta Mission
- Responds to admission inquiries
- Directs clients to proper staff for bed rolls, hygiene and clothing items, Marta cards, etc.
- Guides tours of buildings for guests
- Ensures safety of client and staff by searching client belongings
- Facilitates a class as needed
- Tracks client TB testing and provides support when testing is performed