Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
The schedule for this position is 6:30am – 3:00pm Monday – Friday
As an Admissions Ambassador, you will serve as the first point of contact for clients by acclimating them while showing the love of Christ through building relationships and guiding them to choose the help that will end their homelessness.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcomes guests to Atlanta Mission and works to develop relationships
- Assists with guests check in and performs initial screenings for admissions
- Assigns beds to guests in client management database
- Ensures guests fill out necessary paperwork accurately; enters information into client management database
- Performs new guest orientation and explains types of services offered by Atlanta Mission
- Meets guests needs by providing bed rolls, hygiene and clothing items, Marta cards, etc.
- Responds to admission inquiries
- Adheres to all laws, regulations, codes of conduct/ethics governing the client/staff relationship
- Reports legal, ethical and/or safety concerns and ensures client compliance of policies
- Utilizes appropriate conflict resolution techniques
- Fosters teamwork environment, working cross-functionally and collaboratively as needed (communicating closely with community living staff and client support services regarding new admits)
- Responds to admissions inquiries
- Guides tours of buildings for guests
- Searches clients belongings
- Assists guests as needed with carrying belongings
- Leads biweekly devotions
- Fills in for administrative assistant when on PTO and for lunch breaks
- Attends mission-wide meetings and training as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
You will possess the following:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience & Skills:
- Strong desire to work in a Christian ministry and passion for serving those experiencing homelessness
- High emotional and organizational intelligence evidenced by success over time in multiple settings
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment where multitasking is constant
- Proven ability to be a self-starter
- Well organized, diligent and reliable in following through on commitments
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Employer PAID benefits: Term Life and AD&D Insurance – Short-Term Disability – Travel Assistance Program – Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Employee Advocacy Services
Employer CONTRIBUTED Benefits: Medical and 403b Retirement Plan
Atlanta Mission transforms, through Christ, the lives of those facing homelessness. We are a community united to end homelessness . . . one friend at a time.
Atlanta Mission has been called by God to serve the city of Atlanta.
Since its 1938 beginnings, this Christian nonprofit ministry has grown from a small soup kitchen to a multi-facility organization serving Metro Atlanta’s large homeless population. Today, Atlanta Mission provides emergency shelter, rehab and recovery services, vocational training, services, and transitional housing. We serve more than 1,000 homeless men, women, and children every day.
Atlanta Mission meets each person where they are, in their unique circumstances, to provide customized services to help them overcome the cause of their homelessness.
We believe that a relationship with Christ is the key to restoration, redemption, and sustainable change for everyone. We invest in the spiritual, personal, and professional development of people, restoring and equipping them to intentional living. We believe that in empowering and coaching people toward excellence, we impact the quality of all we do.
Various factors lead to homelessness job loss, eviction, family tragedy, addiction, domestic violence, a major health condition, and more. The common denominator is a major crack in their life foundation. Our programs are multi-pronged and multi-layered, designed to meet people where life has led them.
Click Here To Apply