Ambassador (Men’s Services)
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
The schedule for this position is 7:00 a.m – 3:30 p.m Monday – Friday (may be requested to work an alternative shift when needed)
As an Ambassador, you will serve as the first point of contact for clients, showing the love of Christ through building relationships and guiding them to choose the help that will end their homelessness. You will also perform the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcomes guests to Atlanta Mission and works to develop relationships
- Performs new guest orientation and explains types of services offered by Atlanta Mission
- Meets guests needs by providing bed rolls, hygiene and clothing items, Marta cards, etc.
- Responds to admission inquiries
- Adheres to all laws, regulations, codes of conduct/ethics governing the client/staff relationship
- Reports legal, ethical and/or safety concerns and ensures client compliance of policies
- Utilizes appropriate conflict resolution techniques
- Fosters teamwork environment, working cross-functionally and collaboratively as needed
- Admits and administers initial assessment for guests using client management system
- Schedules client appointments and referrals for assessments with Social Worker
- Teaches life skills classes and leads recreational opportunities
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.