Do you feel called to intern in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want an internship where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
We are seeking an Atlanta Mission @Work intern to join our team and provide critical support in all phases of the program, but especially during Job Search Phase. By working with our students as a group and one-to-one, the intern will help clients apply what they’ve learned in Transformations as they seek employment.
This is an unpaid internship.
Suggested schedule: Monday – Friday 8am-5pm OR Monday – Thursday 8am-5pm OR Monday – Thursday 8am – 3:30pm
The Atlanta Mission @Work program is a new venture which focuses on equipping and preparing adults who are experiencing homelessness for reentry and stability in the workforce. The program consists of
- 4 weeks of Transformations classes, which include socio-emotional and professional development in a simulated workplace environment
- Job Search Phase, in which students are actively applying and interviewing for jobs with the help of AM @Work staff
- 1 year of Retention Coaching, which includes one-to-one check-ins with our Retention Coach during the first twelve months of a student’s job
The Atlanta Mission @Work team consists of our Vice President of Client Support Services (program direction and oversight), our Corporate Account Manager (employment partner recruitment and retention), our Vocational Training Specialist (teaching Transformations classes), and our Retention Coach (providing retention services to students and employers).
- Oversee operations of computer lab during Job Search Phase, including but not limited to:
- Teaching classes on topics related to professional development, such as LinkedIn, networking, elevator pitches, etc.
- Working with students one-to-one on mock interviews, resume building, cover letter writing, applying for jobs, scheduling interviews, etc.
- Answering individual and group questions from students about computer usage, resumes, cover letters, job applications, LinkedIn, email, etc.
- Coordinating with [email protected] staff to help direct and support volunteers in computer lab
- Monitoring and assisting student usage of CatCat courses and resources, including creating student profiles, evaluating effectiveness of coursework, providing feedback to @Work staff, etc.
- Ensuring that policies regarding computer lab usage are upheld at all times
- Monitoring usage of printer and refiling paper and ink as needed
- Keeping track of student files and ensuring they are in place at beginning and end of day
- Communicating any larger problems, concerns, observations, etc. to @Work staff
- Assist @Work staff with administrative-related tasks, including but not limited to:
- Creating and proofreading/editing documents, Power Points, etc.
- Printing, copying, assembling, filing, and organizing paperwork
- Entering data in Salesforce
- Organizing class supplies and files
- Updating student bulletin board
- Writing daily Motivations question on dry erase boards
- Other duties as assigned
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.