Children’s Social Worker- Women’s Services
Do you feel called to work in Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
As a Children’s Social Worker , you will serve within our ministry by providing counseling and case management services to children and their parents, helping them achieve results based upon established goals and objectives.
You will also perform the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Admission (Screening, Intake and Orientation): After mother’s admission:
- Collects, records and analyzes documentation and referral sources
- Establishes appropriate level of interaction with child and mother to determine suitability for program needs
- Gathers relevant information via bio-psycho-social assessment to form the basis for counseling recovery goals and establish personalized service plan for child and family
- Oversees and conducts the interactive process of providing assistance to child to help change/maintain desired and constructive attitudes, beliefs and behaviors
- Determines the most appropriate type of assistance and counseling intervention to facilitate desired outcomes
- Provides counseling services that includes individual, family, group and crisis intervention counseling
- Educates mother on all phases of the counseling process
- Facilitates therapeutic group sessions with child and members of child’s support system as appropriate
- Teaches psychoeducational curriculum units to child and/or mothers as necessary
- Assists the Director-Children’s Services in periodic review and update of curriculum and other programs
- Communicates clinical/behavioral concerns to multi-disciplinary team assigned to the family and Children’s Services Leader
- Interprets and incorporates biblical principles into counseling and education of child
- Maintains and records the results of the counseling process and all client interactions accurately, descriptively and in a timely fashion, including all necessary forms, releases, consent forms and records
- Provides case management services which includes case consultation, interfacing with other agencies and professionals to provide services needed by the child in order to achieve his/her goals, and case review
Discharge and Aftercare:
- Provides discharge and aftercare planning, including mechanisms to reinforce changed attitudes, beliefs and behaviors
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.