Community Living Assistant- On Call Position (Men’s Services)
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
As a Community Living Assistant, you will serve within our ministry by creating a safe, stable, and healthy community while encouraging camaraderie and a sense of belonging among the clients. You will also perform the following:
NOTE: Atlanta Mission operates 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitates a healthy community living environment via modeling and encouraging healthy relationships
- Cultivates a living environment of collaboration, cooperation, pride and gratitude
- Supports and interacts positively with clients in residence as they pursue healing and restoration
- Completes incident reports as a result of community living guideline infractions
- Serves as liaison to Client Support Services regarding client community living concerns, needs, and emergencies
- Orients clients to the community living guidelines and facility living layout
- Ensures clients are caring for community spaces consistent with standards
- Meets clients’ basic, daily needs
- Resolves client conflict as necessary
- Records, updates and tracks client information utilizing client management database
- Provides basic documentation needed to facilitate client needs
- Conducts orientation of community living guidelines, facility layout and basic living classes
- Enforces guidelines in a manner that conveys Christian principles to our clients
- Attends mission-wide meetings and training as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.