Community Living Leader- Men’s Services (Athens, GA)
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is located at The Potter’s House near Athens, Georgia. The schedule is Monday – Wednesday 2pm – 10pm and Thursday-Friday 12pm-8pm.
As a Community Living Leader you will serve by providing leadership to clients. This position requires that you have the ability to build healthy relationships with the Atlanta Mission team and clients while providing strong accountability to both.
You will also perform the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides oversight and direction to all Ministers in Training (MTs) and Servant Leaders (SLTs) by providing supervision, guidance, training, accountability and performance management
- Plans utilization of team, assign duties, and serves as back-up during absence of MTs and SLTs
- Prepares monthly schedule for client team members, ensuring adequate shift coverage
- Develops and updates manuals for documentation of community living guidelines, policies, procedures, and MT and SLT Assistant responsibilities
- Develops goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish community living-related job duties
- Resolves conflict and provides resolution for clients
- Tracks bed count, bed assignments, and bed movement of clients
- Coordinates and manages communication between clients and multidisciplinary team members and follow up to ensure complete service delivery
- Supports service teams through administrative services and coordination
- Works closely with Client Support Services team to ensure cleanliness of facility, safety and security precautions are followed, and any other facility items related to community living
- Works directly with Volunteer/Partnerships Coordinators in implementation of volunteer services
- Reports legal/ethical issues as needed
- Prepares monthly statistical and narrative reports
- Assists with the public relations/marketing/development teams by leading in-house tours
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.