Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
The Development Assistant is a critical member of our ministry, serving by providing administrative and organizational support to the Development Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative support to the Development and Marketing teams:
- Administrative Support for Chief Development Officer and team: Coordinate team meetings, take minutes of meetings, send corresponding communications. Help keep department organized and efficiently run
- Communications: Manage inquiries from the Atlanta Mission website. Donor Care: Send thank you notes and acknowledgement for in honor/memorial gifts
- Marketing: Provide logistical support in mailing communications to donors
- Purchasing: Order office supplies and other necessary items for department
- Registrations: Keep all city, county, or state fundraising registration forms up to date
- Receipting: Support receipting process for all financial donations. Print on weekly basis and coordinate mailing with external partner
- Invoicing: Track invoicing and spending for department. Work with accounting department to ensure invoices are paid. Support department in annual financial budgeting process
- Partners with the Marketing team to provide strong planning and logistical support of donor events:
- Annual 5K race
- Golf tournament
- Donor appreciation dinners
- Other miscellaneous events throughout the year
- Provides professional customer service and effectively handle communication with donors, corporate sponsors, and other key partners of Atlanta Mission via email, telephone, and in-person
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.