Director, Facilities Management
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
The Director of Facilities Management role is critical to the success of the Atlanta Mission. This individual leads a team of maintenance technicians to ensure facilities and equipment are maintained, campus improvements are executed in a timely manner and safety guidelines are followed at all times. You will also perform the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in objective goal setting, site plan development and performance review of individual sites and overall organizational performance
- Initiates, implements, and manages the facilities maintenance program based on best practices, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance
- Monitors the use of maintenance supplies and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary
- Monitors utilities expenses and continually looks for ways to reduce costs and create environmental efficiencies
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving operations and solving maintenance related problems
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, time, and cost-effective manner
- Communicates regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues
- Conducts employee performance reviews
- Monitors operation of facility equipment and systems to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM Compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Maintains safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures
- Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times
- Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department, reviews safety records the uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians
- Works with campuses to ensure fire & safety drills are conducted in a timely manner
- Assists with the planning and implementation of facilities improvements and expansions
- Works with staff to ensure clients to address client concerns regarding safety or facilities issues
- Informs and educates all staff on upcoming projects or issues that may affect their work environment
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.