Driver – NE GA
The Thrift Driver for Atlanta Mission is a critical member of our Thrift Ministry Team. He or she will serve customers that contribute to our success.
Each day Atlanta Mission receives items generously donated in order to resale in our Thrift Stores. This ensures financial revenue that allows us to provide programming for homeless men, women and children 365 days per year. This position serves an important role in our Thrift Ministry that directly impacts our ability to serve those in need in our community.
The position is based at our location in Jefferson, GA and would serve all of our thrift store locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the upkeep and maintenance of the trucks, including keeping the vehicle’s interior and exterior clean and serviced.
- Ensures vehicle is serviced according to Atlanta Mission’s service schedule and procedure.
- Maintains mileage logs according to Atlanta Mission procedure.
- Reports any problems immediately to the Fleet Supervisor.
- Maintains a safe vehicle and work environment while protecting the assets of Atlanta Mission.
- Coordinates with the Call Center Representative, thrift store managers, staff and/or Atlanta Mission staff to schedule pickups and delivery of donated merchandise.
- Maintains communication and cooperation between all parties to insure good public relations and problem resolution.
- Ensures all pick-ups are completed in a timely manner. Communicates problems with the Call Center.
- Representative to ensure a quality customer service experience for the donor.
- Makes deliveries as assigned.
- Makes work-related decisions based on the best interest of Atlanta Mission.
- Ensures appropriate care is taken in handling merchandise and safety is exercised at all times. Additionally, ensures that appropriate care is taken while in the donor’s home and/or property to ensure a quality customer service experience.
- Follows established policy and uses discretion in responding to donations that may not be sellable or usable (avoiding unnecessary garbage expense).
- Channels merchandise in a timely manner so that Atlanta Mission receives the maximum value.
- Coordinates and assists in loading/unloading merchandise to/from vehicles.
- Assists in the operation of the thrift store when waiting for trucks or if no pickups are scheduled.
- Completes donation receipts as per Atlanta Mission procedure.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- High school diploma or GED required
- A valid Georgia driver’s license and the ability to be insured on company policy required. CDL license may be required
- A minimum of 2 years prior truck driving experience is required.
- Must have working, experience-based knowledge of retail sales environment (thrift sales strongly preferred)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the demonstrated ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with employees (at all levels of the organization) volunteers and others in a team-oriented environment
- Outstanding conflict resolution/customer service skills required
- Well organized, diligent and reliable in following through on commitments
- Proven ability to be a self-starter
- Carrying, Lifting, Pulling Up to 100 pounds
- Standing Up to 8 hours
- Walking, Climbing, Crouching, Grasping, Kneeling, Stooping
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.