Housing Social Worker- Men’s Services
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
The Housing Social Worker is a critical member of our ministry by assisting men with financial responsibility and securing housing.
You will also perform the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates financial and housing goals with clients
- Ensures recommended services are personalized to achieve outcomes
- Provides adjustment support to clients in life event transition
- Provides guidance during crisis intervention
- Refer clients to housing partners and provide housing support services
- Builds relationships with partners in order to secure financial and housing resources for clients
- Facilitate financial management education and client budgeting
- Assists clients with opening up savings account
- Consults during crisis situations
- Researches and remains current in knowledge of critical wrap around resources such as food stamps, legal, childcare services, rental and utility assistance, and others
- Inputs, tracks, and reports client outcome progression and client engagement data
- Leverages motivational interviewing to accurately assess client need and match to partner resources
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.