PRN Thrift Sales Associate (Gainesville)
The PRN Thrift Sales Associate for Atlanta Mission is a critical member of our Thrift Ministry Team. He or she will serve customers that contribute to our success.
Each day Atlanta Mission receives items generously donated in order to resale in our Thrift Stores. This ensures financial revenue that allows us to provide programming for homeless men, women, and children 365 days per year.
As a PRN Thrift Sales Associate, you will serve within our ministry by directly impacting our ability to serve those in need by receiving and selling items donated for resale, which generates revenue.
Please note: The position is on call, as needed.
We have an opening for an exceptional PT associate at our Gainesville location:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs sales of all types of inventory
- Helps maintain store appearance
- Meets customer needs
- Operates the cash register
- Handles incoming calls, donations, sales, and customer complaints
- Processes donations as needed
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Commitment to serve and interact with Atlanta Mission clients and guests with compassion, grace, mercy, dignity and respect
Education, Experience, and Skills
- High school diploma required
- Must have working, experience-based knowledge of retail sales environment (thrift sales strongly preferred)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the demonstrated ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with employees (at all levels of the organization) volunteers and others in a team-oriented environment
- Outstanding conflict resolution/customer service skills required
- Well organized, diligent and reliable in following through on commitments
- Proven ability to be a self-starter
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.