Social Worker- Athens, GA (Men’s Services)
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is located at The Potter’s House near Athens, Georgia. The address is 655 Potter’s House Road, Jefferson Georgia 30359.
The Social Worker is a critical member of our ministry by performing case management services to assist women/men with their individual needs to overcome their current circumstance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilizes assessment to recommend needed services
- Ensures recommended services are personalized to achieve outcomes
- Provides adjustment support to clients in life event transition
- Provides guidance during crisis intervention
- Leads services for addressing client’s case management needs
- Connects clients with resources offered by community partners (vocational, housing, legal, healthcare, financial ,etc)
- Builds relationships with partners in order to secure additional resources for clients’ needs
- Identifies additional service partners as needed for specific client needs
- Facilitates groups that teach independent living, social, financial, and recovery skills
- Supports clients through job search as needed after vocational training (e.g., group resume office hours, job application workshop, etc.)
- Consults during crisis situations
- Researches and remains current in knowledge of critical resources such as medical, legal. childcare services and others
- Inputs, tracks, and reports client outcome progression and client engagement data
- Leads a Psycho-education class
- Leverages motivational interviewing to accurately assess client need and match to partner resources
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.