Teacher- Women’s Services
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
As a Teacher, you will serve within our ministry by guiding classroom activities for children. You will also perform the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates developmentally appropriate classroom environment which aims to stimulate the senses; utilizes a holistic approach to presenting the lessons; and maintains a healthy and safe environment
- Develops weekly lesson plans according to the designated curriculum coupled with supplemental activities and materials to meet the specific needs of the children
- Organizes and participates in classroom activities indoors and outdoors, such as games, reading to children, painting instruction, handwork, songs, drawing, and classroom academic work
- Provides daily instructions to assigned students based on approved lesson plans
- Plans individual and group activities to stimulate growth in academic, social, physical, spiritual and emotional areas
- Ensures all policies and procedures are being followed to secure licensing standards
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.