Key Holder – Athens
The Thrift Key Holder for Atlanta Mission is a critical member of our Thrift Ministry Team. He or she will serve customers that contribute to our success.
Each day Atlanta Mission receives items generously donated in order to resale in our Thrift Stores. This ensures financial revenue that allows us to provide programming for homeless men, women and children 365 days per year. This position serves an important role in our Thrift Ministry that directly impacts our ability to serve those in need in our community.
We have an opening for an exceptional part-time Key Holder at our Athens location:
2415 Jefferson Road Suite D,
Athens Ga 30607
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Opens/closes the Thrift Store as scheduled and according to procedure established by the manager
- Supervises co-workers and volunteers in the absence of and/or as designated by the manager
- Assists manager with taking inventory, reconciling cash with sales receipts, maintaining operating and transactions records and other administrative tasks
- Follows established guidelines for the operation of the store
- Reconciles sales receipts with cash as needed
- Prepares or makes bank deposits as designated by the manager
- Performs sales of all types of inventory
- Helps maintain store appearance
- Meets customer needs
Desired Candidate Attributes
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Strong personal walk with God that is shown through actions and lifestyle
- A strong belief and faith in and a dependence on Christ and the ability to articulate this to others
- Commitment to serve and interact with Atlanta Mission clients and guests with compassion, grace, mercy, dignity and respect
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.