Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
Atlanta Mission wants every volunteer that serves to feel valued, appreciated and fulfilled during their service.
The Volunteer Coordinator is a critical member of our ministry, serving by identifying organizational needs for volunteers, recruiting them and placing them in key roles that will provide the most impact for both the volunteer and organization.
You will also perform the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Executes volunteer recruitment plan for attaining volunteers in various subject matters and demographics to support roles in the organization
- Attends job, volunteer and mission recruitment fairs to recruit volunteers
- Manages online volunteer recruitment postings for volunteer match organizations and Atlanta Mission’s volunteer portal including the addition, deletion and description writing of the volunteer opportunities posted
- Builds relationships with corporations, churches, colleges and universities to raise awareness of the organization and to recruit recurring volunteers
- Screens incoming volunteers for opportunity placement, qualifications, background checks and reference checks, as applicable
- Leads volunteer orientations and conducts volunteer onboarding and placement with receiving department lead
- Leads annual volunteer needs assessments to identify and prioritize volunteer positions needed by internal functions
- Promotes the use of and trains others on the Volunteer Management System for the tracking, training and opportunity assignment of volunteers
- Serves as the point of contact to the volunteer management system account and is responsible for managing support issues and enhancements to the system
- Assists with maintaining accurate list of upcoming volunteer opportunities
- Tracks and reports the volunteer experience through survey tools and developing action plans when improvement is required
- Conducts bi-annual check-in meetings with volunteers to evaluate satisfaction and placement
- Builds a support team of volunteers to assist with all job responsibilities
- Creates and updates training material templates for receiving departments
- Creates and updates standardized policies for volunteers
- Assists with managing seasonal episodic volunteers
- Fields unique group requests and follow up with group activity requests received online
- Creates and gathers content for and distributes campus event calendars
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.