People take many different paths to homelessness. All too often, however, homelessness is linked to addiction.
10% - 15%
of the homeless men we serve are veterans
of Atlanta’s homeless are women and children
of homeless women and children are fleeing domestic violence
In 2014, after many months of planning and preparation, Atlanta Mission began rolling out a new service model based on two foundational principles: First, we are best able to help those who are willing to choose help. Second, one size does not fit all. Each individual we serve is unique. Their problems are complex, and no solution is simple.
If the individual accepts our offer for help, an inter-disciplinary team will work with him or her to develop a service plan that is personalized to help them overcome their needs in the five key areas: physical, emotional, spiritual, vocational, and social.
No matter the details of each personalized plan, the goals are the same: homelessness ended, and a life transformed through a personal relationship with Christ and life-on-life relationships with others.
Statistics and Outcomes
- Each year, approximately 400 men and 150 women enroll in Life Transformation Recovery Services at Atlanta Mission.
- Approximately one-half of the 550 individuals who enroll each year will complete the program successfully. Many who do not complete the program successfully on their first attempt will re-enroll at a later date. It is not uncommon for people to try and fail two or three times before making a full recovery.
- The length of time required to complete recovery varies, but the typical duration of services is between nine and twelve months from intake to graduation.
- 314 people made a personal decision to accept Christ in the past year.
- 647 individuals ended homelessness in the past year.
Give Life Transformation
Help change the life trajectory of dozens of men and women battling addiction,
and place them on a path from homelessness to a life transformed.
allows two women to choose help, placing them on a life-altering path leading out of homelessness to a life transformed
sponsors the entire daily costs for 43 men and women enrolled in Life Transformation Recovery Services
sponsors three days of children’s therapeutic services for kids whose moms are in our recovery services
underwrites 172 men and women for one week of counseling services