Social Worker- Women’s Services (Make Progress)
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
As a Social Worker (Make Progress) you will serve within our ministry by serving women to assist them with their individual needs to overcome their current circumstance. You will also perform the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts clinical evaluation, including screening, assessment, and recommends services
- Manages personalized service planning for client’s case management needs
- Leads weekly devotions and classes for clients
- De-escalates crises
- Utilizes triage mental health and substance abuse processes
- Cultivates and builds relationships with community partners and organizations to meet client needs
- Communicates with clients external service providers on their status and progress
- Provides clients with resource referrals to external partners
- Reports legal, ethical and/or safety concerns and ensures client complies with approved policies
- Attends professional association and mission-wide meetings and training as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
You will possess the following:
Eligible for Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) and practice under the supervision of an LCSW with supervision credentialing, Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) and practice under supervision of a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) with supervision credentialing, or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Experience & Skills:
- Strong desire to work in a Christian ministry and passion for serving those experiencing homelessness
- Strong computer literacy with Microsoft Office applications; experience working in customer management database; Salesforce experience preferred
- High emotional and organizational intelligence evidenced by success over time in multiple settings
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment where multitasking is constant
- Proven ability to be a self-starter; well organized and time management with strong follow through
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively
- Strong crisis intervention skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Employer PAID benefits: Term Life and AD&D Insurance – Short-Term Disability – Travel Assistance Program – Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Employee Advocacy Services
Employer CONTRIBUTED Benefits: Medical and 403b Retirement Plan
Atlanta Mission transforms, through Christ, the lives of those facing homelessness. We are a community united to end homelessness . . . one friend at a time.
Atlanta Mission has been called by God to serve the city of Atlanta.
Since its 1938 beginnings, this Christian nonprofit ministry has grown from a small soup kitchen to a multi-facility organization serving Metro Atlanta’s large homeless population. Today, Atlanta Mission provides emergency shelter, rehab and recovery services, vocational training, services, and transitional housing. We serve more than 1,000 homeless men, women, and children every day.
Atlanta Mission meets each person where they are, in their unique circumstances, to provide customized services to help them overcome the cause of their homelessness.
We believe that a relationship with Christ is the key to restoration, redemption, and sustainable change for everyone. We invest in the spiritual, personal, and professional development of people, restoring and equipping them to intentional living. We believe that in empowering and coaching people toward excellence, we impact the quality of all we do.
Various factors lead to homelessness job loss, eviction, family tragedy, addiction, domestic violence, a major health condition, and more. The common denominator is a major crack in their life foundation. Our programs are multi-pronged and multi-layered, designed to meet people where life has led them.
Ways to Give
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.