Admissions Ambassador- Full-time and Part-Time Positions
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
We have two positions: one Full-time role and one Part-time role.
Full-time schedule: Monday-Friday. 6:30 a.m.-3:00 p..m
Part-time schedule: Monday- Friday: 6:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
As an Admissions Ambassador, you will serve as the first point of contact for clients by acclimating them while showing the love of Christ through building relationships and guiding them to choose the help that will end their homelessness.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcomes guests to Atlanta Mission and works to develop relationships
- Assists with guests check in and performs initial screenings for admissions
- Assigns beds to guests in client management database
- Ensures guests fill out necessary paperwork accurately; enters information into client management database
- Performs new guest orientation and explains types of services offered by Atlanta Mission
- Performs follow-up orientation to ensure clarity
- Meets guests needs by directing them to proper staff that will provide bed rolls, hygiene and clothing items, Marta cards, etc.
- Adheres to all laws, regulations, codes of conduct/ethics governing the client/staff relationship
- Reports legal, ethical and/or safety concerns and ensures client compliance of policies
- Utilizes appropriate conflict resolution techniques
- Fosters teamwork environment, working cross-functionally and collaboratively as needed (communicating closely with community living staff and client support services regarding new admits)
- Responds to admissions inquiries
- Guides tours of buildings for guests
- Assists guests as needed with carrying belongings
- Facilitates a class as needed
- Tracks client TB testing and assists health service provider by providing support when testing is performed
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.