Mental Health Counselor- Athens, GA (Men’s Services)
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
The Mental Health Counselor is a critical member of our ministry, serving by providing counseling services based upon client’s personalized service plan goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts clinical evaluation, screening, assessment, and recommends emotional services
- Manages initial and ongoing personalized service planning for emotional needs
- Facilitates therapeutic group sessions with clients and members of clients’ support system
- Lead Psycho-Ed groups on various topics related to substance use recovery
- Recommend goals for service planning that addresses recovery outcomes
- Provides 1013 recommendations and guidance during crisis intervention
- Consults during Crisis situations
- Facilitates classes for clients and their family members
- Collects, records, and analyzes documentation and referral sources while determining suitability for service needs
- Orients clients to the counseling process, guidelines, and expectations
- Inputs, tracks, and reports client outcome progression and client engagement data
- Ensures accuracy of client data
- Complies with established metrics
- Provides counseling services that include individual, group, and family
- Adheres to all laws and the Code of Ethics for counselors, which establishes standards for the relationship between clients/counselors
- May serve as a clinical resource for other Mental Health Counselors
- Participates in training and educational activities to obtain and/or maintain license
- Attends mission-wide meetings and training as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.