Volunteer Engagement Manager
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
Atlanta Mission wants every volunteer that serves to feel valued, appreciated and fulfilled during their service.
The Volunteer Engagement Manager is a critical member of our ministry, serving by identifying organizational needs for volunteers, recruiting them and placing them in key roles that will provide the most impact for both the volunteer and organization.
You will also perform the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Executes volunteer recruitment plan
- Attends job, volunteer and mission recruitment fairs and supports relationships with corporations, churches, colleges and universities to recruit recurring volunteer
- Manages online volunteer recruitment postings for volunteer match organizations and Atlanta Mission’s volunteer portal including the addition, deletion and description writing of the volunteer opportunities posted
- Screens incoming volunteers for opportunity placement, qualifications, background checks and reference checks
- Leads volunteer orientations and conducts volunteer on-boarding and placement with receiving department lead
- Leads annual volunteer needs assessments to identify and prioritize volunteer positions needed by internal functions
- Promotes the use of and trains others on the Volunteer Management System for the tracking, training and opportunity assignment of volunteers
- Serves as the point of contact to the volunteer management system account and is responsible for managing support issues and enhancements to the system
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.