If you or someone you know needs help — anything from a meal to overnight shelter to long-term recovery from addiction, abuse, or other challenging circumstances — you’ve come to the right place.
Atlanta Mission is a compassionate, caring, Christian organization that can meet the needs of struggling men, women, and children in difficult or desperate situations.
Call one of the following phone numbers for more information:
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911; or go to an emergency room.
Admissions for Women and Children
Women and children seeking shelter or services should go to The Atlanta Day Shelter for Women and Children, located at 655 Ethel Street NW. For more information about services for women and children, please call 404.367.2465.
Admissions for Men
Candidates for admission to Atlanta Mission must:
- Be over the age of 18 unless accompanied by a mother or legal guardian. Male children must be 11 years of age or younger; females must be 17 or younger.
- Agree to abide by all guidelines, fully participate in all program activities, and refrain from any inappropriate activity.
- Be fully detoxified with at least 72 hours since last use of drugs or 48 hours since last use of alcohol. No smoking is allowed in the Personal Development Program (PDP).
- Be mentally and physically able to exercise proper personal hygiene and self-care, perform task assignments, and participate in all program functions within a non-medical, non-psychiatric facility.
- Two-bag maximum of personal belongings for all facilities.
Women and women with children seeking admission to The Atlanta Day Shelter for Women and Children should inquire Monday-Friday, 8:15 a.m.-2:00 p.m. at 655 Ethel Street NW, Atlanta, GA, 30318. Admissions are based on bed availability. For more info, call 404.588.4007. (For those being admitted from jail or a detox center, please call.)
For those seeking Personal Development Program (PDP) admissions from jail and/or a detox center, please complete an online application. An admissions advocate will contact you to arrange an interview, after which you will be informed about next steps.
Atlanta Mission is a program-based ministry committed to transforming, through Christ, the lives of those facing homelessness. Our programs and facilities are designed to create environments that nurture healthy relationships with God, self, and others.
Candidates for admission are responsible for:
- Completing one of the Intake Applications listed below and then mailing/faxing it to the Intake Counselor.
- Contacting the Intake Counselor with questions regarding their intake status.
- Signing and dating the application in the space provided.
- Arranging a time to meet with the Intake Counselor for a face-to-face interview