The Potter’s House is a Christ-centered, 12 month, residential, life transformation recovery program for chemically addicted men who desire a renewed life.
To be considered for admission to The Potter’s House, potential clients must complete the following steps:
1. Review admission requirements to understand eligibility.
2. Review the suggested packing list for accepted applicants.
3. Thoroughly complete and submit an electronic application, and print a copy for their records.
4. Call the admissions coordinator using the contact information below.
Phone: (706) 543-8338
1. Review Admission Requirements
Candidates for admission must:
- Be fully detoxified at the time of admission, with a minimum of 72 hours from last use of drugs and alcohol.
- Those with child support or legal issues must provide written releases from appropriate parties assuring unhindered one-year program.
- Be physically able to work. Examples include landscaping, housekeeping, kitchen, and maintenance.
- Be medically able to fully participate in a program that does not provide medical care, dental care, or assistance with medications.
- Be mentally stable and capable of functioning in a therapeutic community environment with classroom and group activities. The program is not equipped to care for the dual diagnosed individual or those on anti-depressant, mood stabilizing, or anti-psychotic medications.
- Be willing to refrain from the pursuit of romantic relationships other than with a legally married spouse while in the program.
- Pay a program fee of $100.00 per week if the potential client is receiving income of any kind. Those with no personal income will not be charged unless their income status changes.
2. Review the Packing List
If you are accepted to The Potter’s House, please pack according to the following list.
Clients may have (up to):
- 16 Pairs of Pants
- 18 Shirts
- 5 Pairs of shoes
- 3 Coats/Jackets
- 2 Sweaters
- 8 Underpants
- 2 Pairs of Long Underwear
- 8 Pairs of Socks
- 2 Suits
- 4 Ties
- 3 Hats
- 1 Laundry Bag
- 1 Book Bag
- 1 Alarm Clock
- 1 Bible
- 1 Sealable Storage Container (5 Gallon max)
- 1 Small Pocket Knife
Other Items (without limits)
- Personal Hygiene Items (non-alcoholic)
- Laundry Detergent
- Miscellaneous Personal Effects (conducive to Christian atmosphere)