6 Ways You Can Help Those Facing Homelessness Start the New Year off Right
The new year is a time that signifies hope and a fresh start for many. But for some, it’s just another day, another turned page in a book that isn’t what they thought it would be. While you’re ringing in the new year and making resolutions with friends and family, think about those that are spending the night on the streets of Atlanta as they face homelessness.
Here are a few ways you can help us and those facing homelessness start the new year off right:
- Run (or walk) our 5K. When you sign up for our 5K Race to End Homelessness, presented by Aetna, on February 23rd, your registration fee will cover one night of shelter and services for someone who would otherwise spend the night on the streets. Not only will you be helping provide someone with security, shelter, and food for another night, but you’ll also be having fun while and making memories that are sure to last a lifetime.
- Make a donation. We offer many different ways for you to make a lasting impact through planned, monetary donations. The life-changing difference you make for just one person can rescue an entire family, their children, and even their grandchildren – an impact that will resonate for generations to come.
- Donate critically-needed items. Because we house hundreds of men, women, and children, we’re always in need of everyday items and essentials – some more than others. You can see a full list of drop-off locations and critically-needed items here.
- Donate vehicles. If you have an old car lying around that you are looking to get rid of, we’d love if you would consider donating it to Atlanta Mission. The donation process is safe and simple, and you’ll even qualify for a tax deduction. You can find the donation form here, or call 1-866-628-2277 if you have any questions.
- Volunteer. We have four campuses in Atlanta that are home to some amazing men, women, and children. We offer both individual and group volunteering opportunities, so grab a friend or two and meet some people who are sure to touch your hearts.
- Pray. Even if you’re unable to make a financial gift or donate goods, you can still help Atlanta Mission and all of our clients by keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. If you find yourself in some unfortunate circumstances, we’d love to pray for you, too.
Every contribution, no matter how small, can help someone in unfortunate circumstances regain their footing and enter the new year on a high note. Every simple act of kindness creates a lasting impression on the hearts of those less fortunate than you. Your support really does help change the world – one person at a time.
Ways to Give
We’d be honored to have you share in the joys, struggles and transformations of Atlanta’s most vulnerable souls.